Hawk0364's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Hawk0364, Jun 16, 2020.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Hawk0364

Expand Collapse

#1 Hawk0364, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    1) Basic Info:

What is your In-Game Name?

Hawk0364

What faction are you currently in?

None

What is your discord? (name#1234)

Hawk0364#7955

How old are you?

What timezone are you in?

MST

Are you multilingual?
    What languages are you fluent in...

N/A

2) What encouraged you to apply for staff on KarismicMC?

My staff career began here about two years ago when I first joined this server, which at the time had little to no player base. I moved up and down the ranks and made many memories and met a lot of new people throughout those two years. I really enjoyed my time as staff here but for reasons that I will not state, I eventually resigned. It has been only a few weeks since I resigned but I have been considering re-applying for staff due to the simple fact that I love this community. During the time I was staff, it consumed a good amount of my time throughout the day. My everyday life consisted of checking discord and logging on the server to help players. To sum this all up, the reason I am re-applying for staff is that I miss interacting with the community in helpful ways. I really want to help the community grow even more because I have been around for so long, and I think I can provide the server with some good ideas. This may sound like a cliche response, but I mean everything I said.

3) How can you benefit the server?

During my time as staff, I kind of held back on my ideas for the server due to the fact that I believed they were more long term and did not apply to the current state of the server. I have many ideas to improve the organization and efficiency of the staff team that did not really fit in when I had the opportunity to make changes like that. I believe I can also benefit the server because of my previous experience, I have held many different positions throughout the staff team and I have learned a lot from my previous experiences. I can also be beneficial to the server because of my time spent on the server. As aforementioned, I have been apart of this community for about two years and I have a good understanding of the server's mechanics and features.

I believe I have a good understanding of certain situations in-game and how to handle them. As I mentioned earlier in my application, I have gained a lot of knowledge from my past experiences and mistakes. I have encountered many bizarre situations on the server that have taught me a lot on how to be a better staff member. I also think I have a pretty good knowledge when it comes to screen-sharing. I learned a lot about screen sharing during my time as an admin by researching myself and asking my fellow staff members for tips and suggestions.

4) Do you have any staff experience?
    If so, please go in-depth with what kind of situations you faced and what tasks you handled as a staff member.

My main staff experience begins during the summer of 2018 when I first joined KarismicMC. I began as a moderator and worked my way up to admin and eventually manager. I was a manager here from the summer of 2019 to about season 3-4, I can't remember precisely how long I was a manager for. My staff rank was then moved down to senior moderator, as what I was doing at the time did not require a management role. A season or so later, I was promoted back to Admin and held that position for a good amount of time until my role was moved off the server staff team and onto the management/development side of the staff team.

Being a staff member on here did not really get hectic until season 3 or 4 when the player base started growing rapidly. I had to really start focusing on being a better staff member as at that point whatever I did affected the server's image in one way or another. As an Admin, I had to deal with many different situations from faction disputes to false player bans. Being an Admin was one of the most stressful times of my staff career, as I had to deal with player concerns every day whether I was home or not. There were times where I had to sit in support calls for hours trying to resolve and handle situations that were completely new to me.

5) What kind of reputation do you feel you have on the server?

I believe my main reputation on the server is comes from being a former staff member. I don't think I am really known in the factions community at all, so no one really knows me from that side of things. I have been apart of this community for a long time and I have forged many friendships with many different people. At this point in time, I think my current reputation is just the former staff member who hangs around the community chatting with people.

6) How active can you be on the server, discord, and forums daily?

I can be very active on the server, discord, and forums daily. It is now summer and because of that I am home a lot and I have a lot of free time. I have a lot more motivation for the server then I did when I resigned, seeing how the server is progressing is making me a lot more motivated to help out. I am at my computer pretty much all day so I am always available. When I am not home, I still frequently check discord on my phone to stay in touch with everything going on.

7) How much experience do you have with playing Factions?

I started playing Factions first back in 2015 when the game mode was completely different than what it is now. I never played competitive factions back then, I played purely for fun. Most of my experience with Factions comes from my staff experience here on the server. I think I have learned a lot about factions in the past two years, through actually playing the game mode and staffing it. There is still a good amount I can learn about factions but I am hoping to expand my knowledge of the game mode throughout the near future.

8) How well do you work with others?

I believe teamwork is a huge part of having an efficient staff team, everyone must be able to work together. The staff team is called a "team" for a reason. Everyone on the staff team must support each other and work together to do their job at their full potential. With that being said, I work very well with others.

9) What do you believe is the main/overall role of a staff member?

The overall role of a staff member is to protect and communicate with the community. I believe the main role of the staff team is to preserve the community and help it grow in a positive direction.

The main role of a helper is to provide a bridge between the higher staff and the community. Higher staff, such as admins, usually do not have the time to log on to the server and communicate with the player base. I believe one of the most important traits a staff member can have is communication skills. A helper without good communication skills is not very useful for the server.

10) Why should you be chosen over other applicants?

I believe I should be chosen over other applications because of my experience with being a staff member and my experience within this community. I know the ins and outs of how the server operates, I am very familiar with a lot of the features/mechanics on the server.

A fair thing could be said, I have been inactive before in my staff career, so why should I be given another chance?
    I don't really have a good excuse for my inactivity in the past, the reason for my inactivity was because of the lack of motivation I had at the time. I am hoping that this application can prove that I am serious about coming back to the staff team and giving it 100% effort.

11) Have you ever been muted or banned on the server? If so, please explain the incident.

No, I have not been punished on the server before.

12) Anything else we should know?

Not really, I just hope this application will be reviewed fairly!

2. Dale__

Expand Collapse

+1 Good detail

3. Hawk0364

Expand Collapse

Thanks for the input!

4. Oliviaax

Helper
    Staff Member Helper Member
    Expand Collapse

+100 come back hawk, we miss you.

Hawk0364 likes this.