Quand's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Alex, May 12, 2020.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Alex

Expand Collapse

#1 Alex, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    What is your In-Game Name? Quand

What faction are you currently in? Peen (Did not like the name but they chose it anyway)

What is your discord? (name#1234) Quand#0001

How old are you? 18

What timezone are you in? Eastern

Are you multilingual?
    What languages are you fluent in...
    English, French, and a little bit of Spanish

2) What encouraged you to apply for staff on KarismicMC?
    I know that as a staff member, I am responsible for the server and the reputation that it gets, so I intend on taking my job as staff very seriously. Another reason I am applying for Karismic is that I enjoy social interactions, Minecraft is a very highly community-based game and so for a server to be successful, the community of the server needs to be happy. I know that Karismic prioritizes its players which is a characteristic that I can respect, which brings me to my third point. Respect, I respect the owners and the administration team of Karismic. I can see the amount of effort that you guys have put into the server and it shows how much you are dedicated to constantly making the server better. I’m also very efficient, professional, and I am trying to become a better person myself to increase my maturity as I am getting older. From past events that happened, all I want to do is help and it would be amazing to help a server that I already see is growing efficiently, and I'd love to put my time use on this server!

3) How can you benefit the server?
    Considering that English is not my native language, I may sometimes have minor flaws in for example my grammar. However, since I'm French and I speak a few words of English and French, I can also communicate with foreign players that don't speak English at all. I also won't quit easily and I am determined to finish what I start. I'll make sure every player get's the help they need and nobody will be waiting for a response.

4) Do you have any staff experience?
    If so, please go in-depth with what kind of situations you faced and what tasks you handled as a staff member.

I have been staff on many servers from small to big. I was manager for desteria, helper on mccentral, helper on lemon cloud, and helper on other smaller servers that needed the help. Being staff on these servers, my job is to make the playing environment as best as possible. I have gone from catching hackers to warning people for spam as well as making announcements on upcoming events when I was manager.

A specific incident that has happened to me were when someone was spamming chat with someone else's IP. My response to this was that I'd recognize the name and clear chat as fast as I can so hopefully, no player will see the message. Then, I will mute or ban the player determining on the servers exact rules and the category of punishment.

Also the most generic thing I see is of someone disrespecting another person in chat. To address this problem,
    depending on the specifics of the situation, if it is personal harassment and leaks anything of the other person or breaks any rules, then I will punish him with the category of punishment in the rules. Although if it is toxicity, it is by all means allowed as long as no rules are being broken. Although if it seems to flood the chat, I will give a warning in chat to stop flooding the chat or punishments will be given.

5) What kind of reputation do you feel you have on the server?
    As of now, I feel like I am a well-respected player but people just don't know me very well yet. I will try my best to keep interacting with the players and staying as professional as possible, but sometimes it's good to have fun while doing it!

6) How active can you be on the server, discord, and forums daily?
    I can contribute 8 hours and more depending on how busy I am. My schedule is mostly free after my school is over which ends 12 PM eastern. I don't work anymore so I will be free right after I finish up my homework. Weekends are 100% free which means I can spend up to 12 hours on this server.

7) How much experience do you have with playing Factions?
    I've played competitive factions for 2 years with big factions that won Paypal prizes of all sorts, I'm very experienced and I know everything there is to factions and cannoning and all the faction rules. I've also read Karismic's rules to familiarize them with myself.

8) How well do you work with others?
    I work very well with others as social interactions on Minecraft is a big reason of why I play, I really would love to meet new people and I already see the bonds the staff team shares right now.

9) What do you believe is the main/overall role of a staff member?

Being Respectful:
    I believe this is a really important feature I could possibly offer. Being respectful in a team is needed to keep in good relationships. This is needed also in a working environment to respect the boss. Though my personal opinion is that staff members need to be respectful to any player even if they are being annoyed. As stated before I am always respectful and would be more than happy to show it.

Honesty: In a team also honesty plays an important role. If people lie in a team, it only brings disorders and conflicts. From past experiences, I have learned to be always honest with any person.

Activity: As well known activity is needed in order to be or to remain a staff member. I personally can put a lot of time into Karismic, because it became like a passion for me. It's such a unique server I was looking to apply for. Not many players can guarantee such a wide time on it. As a side note, I would like to add that regularity is one thing that personally I think is necessary. If the staff member loses regularity in logging in would start to always enjoy less and less the server and would be less in touch with other players. I can guarantee you that I can give this quality.

Control of feeling: The ability to actually control your feelings is important if you’re staff, this includes sadness. If you have a sad feeling, and you’re not able to control it which can result in false bans. The ability to control feeling is actually a key to success, it can provide you way more ways to think about in difficult situations. An angry or sad person would for example ban in already the first moment someone is doing badly. Someone who can control would try to get the situation clear before he or she takes action.

Love to learn: Someone who loves to learn is open to learning new ways to provide others what they need. Learning a new way to punish someone, or either learning how to talk with others could be really useful in such new situations.

10) Why should you be chosen over other applicants?
    First, one thing that I feel sets me apart from others is that I really do have a strong passion and desire to aid others; I truly want to help out in any way possible regardless of whether I have a helper rank or not, but having the rank allows me to use commands to help people even more. I’m also very friendly and approachable; in a staff position, I do my very best to make players feel comfortable with talking to me (for any reason – help, advice, reports or just a friendly chat) and make sure that nobody feels intimidated just because of a server rank. I'm also an extremely committed staff member - I vow to never let anyone down and my activity on a server that I staff is always extremely high. I also feel as though my time on karismic is valuable; it shows my love, my high activity and my experience of this wonderful server that I was blessed to find.

11) Have you ever been muted or banned on the server? If so, please explain the incident.
    No

12) Anything else we should know?
    I am a french Canadian, I love hockey and basketball, and my favorite food is called bouillabaisse! I am also leaning towards becoming a writer for my future career. I also very enjoy this server and would love to help out as many players as I can! I would also like to take the time to thank anyone who has gone through this application and has read every word. I have spent several hours on this drafting, editing, and repeating the process to refine my application to ensure it has met the requirements and that it was at standard. I haven’t had the opportunity to type up an application for a staff position quite like this in a very long time and enjoyed every minute typing this one up! If you guys have any questions you would like to ask me, don't hesitate!

2. MikeHocburns

Expand Collapse

+1

Alex likes this.
  3. Alex

Expand Collapse

Appreciate the +1 Mike but I'd like to tell you not to be biased xD

4. Retrify

Sr. Moderator
    Staff Member Sr. Moderator Member
    Expand Collapse

A lot of detail. Good app +1