oChillin - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Bot_28132, May 8, 2020.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Bot_28132

Expand Collapse

1)
    Basic Info:

What is your In-Game Name?
    oChillin
    What faction are you currently in?
    This application is happening before the new season, so technically CodeName.
    What is your discord?
    oChillin#3766
    How old are you?
    What timezone are you in?
    PST
    Are you multilingual? Kinda
    What languages are you fluent in... English and a little bit of spanish

2) What encouraged you to apply for staff on KarismicMC?
    I wanted to join the staff team to fix player disrespect. Now I have been disrespected a few times by other factions. People would make the statement "Oh your so gay" and other inappropriate statements. So, when I see this I do not tolerate, being homophobic does not stand with me and I just stop it. When I see people being called gay and they are I start to cry and I sometimes say "This is why people are depressed, because of bullies like this." I bet you know people who are or used to be depressed because of online bullies. Many people are extremely toxic which is just dumb, studies say that people who bully are mean because of stuff that happens in their life and I just think, find someone to talk to. I have friends and family members who have tried to kill myself because of people who bullied me while I was depressed. I want to be a moderator on this minecraft server because, I love to help people and answer questions. I even answer questions now while im not staff to the best of my ablilities. I know the most important thing about being a staff member of a server, is not to play, but it is to focus on the players, and what they need help with. A moderators job is to answer question, punish rule breakers, and moderate chat. By moderating chat, you are making sure people are not spamming, advertising, innapropiate language, etc. I am good at handling disrespect among players. When I was younger I would be bullied, picked on, so when i see anything like this, I stop it immediately. Even now while not being staff, I try to break up arguments that is happening on this server, and on other servers too. The disrespect usually comes to me but it is worth it to stop and innocent player from being bullied.

3) How can you benefit the server?
    Well, I can improve myself and the server. I feel that my ideas can improve the server in general. Like adding more things to ranks and such like that. Like balancing Armour and Weapons. Being a staff member on this server can help me be a better person because I can relax when answering questions. While answering questions you may get some confusing questions and you may not know the answer immediately, so you relax, say "give me a sec" find the answer to their question. I am also hoping to improve what is said, I have been called "gay" and that is offensive to people who fall into the LGBTQ+ category. You never know, your best friend may be gay. I immediately ask for them to stop what they are saying before it can get out of hand and cause the whole lobby/game to just being offensive and toxic/disrespectful.

4) Do you have any staff experience? Yes
    If so, please go in-depth with what kind of situations you faced and what tasks you handled as a staff member.
    I have been manager on popularmc,
    Sr. Mod on zenturyuhc,
    Mod on Fairuhc,
    Mod on FadeCloud, and
    helper on caribbeanmc.

5) What kind of reputation do you feel you have on the server?

I am not too known, on the server, but, I have never been punished before. I hope to keep it this way. I want to expand my name to players. I want people to be able to know that even though I am not a staff member, you can still ask me questions based on factions.

6) How active can you be on the server, discord, and forums daily?
    Server - 2 - 3 hours
    Discord - 2 - 3 hours
    Forums - 3 - 5 hours

7) How much experience do you have with playing Factions?

I have been playing factions for about 3/4 of a year. I know how to play. I am able to help players who have questions,

8) How well do you work with others?

Very well, I owned 2 out of the 5 clubs in my school before covid - 19. I know other people have opinions and I love to listen to them. I know it is important to listen to what other people say while being a staff member.

9)
    What do you believe is the main/overall role of a staff member?
    While being a staff member on the server you must, answer questions, ban hackers, etc. You have to deal with a lot of "ignorant" people. What I mean by that is they dont care if they are effecting someone, they do it to make themselves laugh.

Muting - You will deal with spammers, racism, etc. You will probably get backlash if you mute someone and their friend will disrespect you and keep telling you to unmute them.
    To me, I dont tolerant disrespect in general. You have to not let people break a rule, then let them get away with it like racism. Right before you always mute somebody, you want to take a screenshot just to get that extra evidence. The person muted may try to say that you never said anything against the rules, but if you have the SS, you can just show that and they will stay muted.

Banning - Instead of getting evidence then banning. I go onto another level. In my head I say (sometimes I say this out loud) "How could they argue against this. How could they prove it inst hacks. How can they prove it was lag or actual skill." On uhc servers you get a lot of hackers, 50% would be hacking at least. I know how to handle stress and how to handle being under pressure. I know that being staff comes with a lot of hate. People would say "Bad staff" and things such like "kys" and "die" etc. People would just use /helpop (Basically is a command to ask the staff a question) and say disrespectful/offensive words. Some NSFW, some suicidal encouragement, some racism, just a whole lot of disrespect.

10) Why should you be chosen over other applicants?
    Well, the most important thing is not the written application, not the interview, it is their performance in the server. I know that being staff comes with responsibility, it is not just a rank you get, it is something you earn. Once you earn this rank, you have to be active in all ways you have to be. On the forums, discord, and the server. I play minecraft for at least 3 hours and will devote this time to Karismic. I love to help people and answer questions. I even answer questions now while im not staff to the best of my abilities. When I was younger I would be bullied, picked on, so when i see anything like this, I stop it immediately. Even now while not being staff, I try to break up arguments that is happening on this server, and on other servers too. The disrespect usually comes to me but it is worth it to stop and innocent player from being bullied. So when someone is being bullied, I know what is feels like, and I know what they are going through

11) Have you ever been muted or banned on the server? If so, please explain the incident.
    I have never been punished on this server.

12) Anything else we should know?
    If any staff members and/or players are going through depression, I am able to talk on discord whether it is voice and/or text. Just know, you are not on your own. Feel Free to add my discord I said in the beginning of this application.

2. Bot_28132

Expand Collapse

I forgot to mention this in the application but, I also applied for builder, I am able to manage both builder and staff. Stay home, Stay Safe.

3. Bot_28132

Expand Collapse

I am trying to be professional but I swear I made the question BOLD, and the answers normal, I do have really bad vision though (Getting glasses in about 2 days so YESSSS)

4. Tashii

Staff Member Moderator Member
    Expand Collapse

Good app +1

5. Bot_28132

Expand Collapse

Thanks for reading my app, I am happy you enjoy it. Hopefully wee will see the final result soon

6. Bot_28132

Expand Collapse

Also, when I said Codename, I meant from last season, the new faction I will be in, is OSOS. (Created by me)

7. Alex

Expand Collapse

Good detail! Im a little new but I've been looking on the forums and this is my first reply :D! Great detail definite +1 I hope to see you on the upcoming staff team!

8. Bot_28132

Expand Collapse

Sorry for the late response but thank you for enjoying my application!

9. FirstWallScout

Staff Member Helper Member
    Expand Collapse

When were you mod on fade?

10. Bot_28132

Expand Collapse

It wasnt the actual fadecloud, I was a mod on a server with like 40 people and it was not too big, but it wasnt the actual fadecloud, also, I just realized there was another fadecloud, i bet the server I was on probably stole the same or sum like that.

11. Bot_28132

Expand Collapse

Also, I cannot take your PFP seriously, I cant stop giggling (I know is it not funny)