Slayer's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Slayer, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slayer

Expand Collapse

Student
    #1 Slayer, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Are you applying for a moderation position or a building/developing position?

I am applying for a moderating position of any kind.

What is your minecraft username?

Slayer-Nominee

What is your age?

I am 17 years old.

What is your discord name/tag?

AceIsUnloved#2854

What is your timezone/location?

Eastern Time Zone (EST)

How long have you played KarismicMc?

I have been playing since season 1.

How would you improve KarismicMc?

I believe I currently already do help the server as much as a player can do so. To begin with, I strive towards to being as friendly as I could towards to new players and giving a positive impression of the server while trying to help the current players feel more inclined to continue playing as another player by helping them through giving tips, answering their questions, giving them something to compete against, and ensuring that there is enough drama and action to keep the server entertaining. Aside from helping players I have been making sure to report anyone that has been breaking the rules or doing something that is obviously not agreed upon. Examples of this is reporting any hackers I personally encounter with proof if I could, or if I could not get proof I have been making sure to message staff and ask them to stay on the lookout for the suspected player. I also believe that if I become accepted as a staff member that I would be able to further help out the server by lessening the workload of the current staff members by helping them out with whatever they need to have done as I believe I have a very vast knowledge of Minecraft and that I would also take a more active approach towards helping players than I currently have been doing.

How have you helped people on the server?

I have helped players in the server by answering their questions and giving them tips whenever I see them struggle or complain. Examples of this is that once during season 1, there was this person who did not know how custom plugins worked and how to use them when it was only the two of us online at the same time, I was able to help him by explaining to him how to apply the custom enchant into his items and increase the odds of a successful enchant and decrease the chances of a destruction. Another example of this is that during this season there was a player who did not know how to get a gkit, so I answered him by telling them how the kingshop worked and how to get honor. I have been helping people quite a bit whenever there is an opportunity and I cannot really remember every time I have helped someone out as there has been to many occurrences of such happenings.

I added a few questions and answers as I believe that these questions are not enough to explain what I am expecting and what you can expect from me shall you accept me as staff.

My current behavior as a player:

As a player I have been trying to aim towards having the best stuff and the most money, so I will not lie, and I will admit that I have taken advantage of other players and at times used them for the sake of getting better. I would also like to mention that aside from being a bit too competitive in the server I have also been a bit salty towards some players, but I’ve always only done that towards players who I know won’t be offended and don’t really mind my doing so, while I’ve always been respectful to newcomers or players who I am not sure if they find it acceptable for me to speak to them like that.

What you can expect as a helper/mod from me:

Although I believe that my player behavior is not all that terrible as a player, you can still expect me to adapt to any role you give me and act properly according to the role. If you accept me as a helper/mod I will not take advantage of players anymore as that would not be appropriate for a staff member to do and I would cut down on who I speak to “inappropriately” or “rudely”, and make sure that I give the impression and act like a proper staff member. I would also continue to answer any questions other players may have and continue to further help them whenever I can.

Previous experiences as staff member:

I have been playing Minecraft for quite a long time now, so I have had a lot of experiences as being a staff member on multiple different servers. All such experiences have been in a moderating position of sorts as I am very inexperienced as a builder. I believe my vast experiences which I had done properly and improperly would help me as a staff member in karismic.

Owner - To begin with I have been an owner of my own faction server albeit it was unsuccessful for 2 weeks, so I know a bit about how plugins work and how servers function.

Admin- I have been admin in a lot of servers, so I cannot really remember every server I’ve been admin on, but I do have 2 very memorable experiences as an admin rank staff member. My very first experience as an admin was a very bad experience but a very memorable and educational one on the do’s and don’ts of what to do (I do not want to go in further detail openly, but I am willing to discuss it more in private). My other memorable experience as admin was 2 years ago when I was admin on a faction server, it had custom enchants as well and I believe I did an excellent job running the server alongside the owner as me & the owner were getting a lot of positive feedback on our behavior and how entertaining we were.

Mod and helper- My experiences as a mod were very similar to my experiences as being an admin so I am not sure what to further say about them.

That’s all there is too my staff application. I would like to mention that I’ve used inspiration from applications that have gotten positive feedback so shout out to them (such as FW7’s app, Sarinsa’s, etc.). Sorry for the long read and thank you for your time.

Lilaciar likes this.
  2. I_C_T_V

Expand Collapse

Good Detailed Application I Really Like the Time Put into making this Application

+1

3. Slayer

Expand Collapse

Student
    :) thank you for the positive feedback I_C_T_V not gonna lie, I was pretty sleep deprived and just thought what I would put on it the whole time, I had a lot more planned but I did not want to make it any more lengthy.

4. NoHacksJustRare

Staff Member Helper
    Expand Collapse

It was great! You had lots of information about how you can help and didn't lie about being salty or being disrespectful to some.
    Plus you were able to make peoples experiences better with being helpful and catching hackers with or without proof

5. Harvey11

Expand Collapse

Nothing, just nothing to say about this one. Very detailed and long. Seems to be of high quality Good Luck.

(If I were Staff)

6. Sr. PolarBear

Expand Collapse

Good staff application. Have not seen toxcicity from you on the server yet seems good :) You seem to be honest about you're age I can tell by you're writing style. Would work on the grammar just a little bit. But I am willing to vouch a.....

+1

7. PMCTechSupport

Expand Collapse

Good, detailed application, not unnecessarily long. I like that you labeled the different positions you've been in. In my personal opinion, I think you should add more examples to the "What can you expect as a helper/mod from me" section, all in all, great application. +1

8. Lilaciar

Expand Collapse

Very well detailed and put together. Its fairly long but a good kind

9. Chickenprism

Expand Collapse

#9 Chickenprism, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    - No mic in discord.

10. Boykaa

Expand Collapse

Communism
    After reading this long application, I really like that you are honest and help players a lot (my spy told me that), this could be server's potentional next moderator, Pluss I can say that his very active ,which can acutaly help server a lot. Past this week being active and getting banned , I finaly found guy which would do staff job to maximum.
    I apologize for my bad grammer and misspelling, but yeah..
    +REP
    Good luck Slayer, hopefuly ganna see you after unban.

11. Silk_Touch

Expand Collapse

Accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.